EXPERIENCE A GREAT PLACE TO START!
Our approach to preschool education starts with each student. Our goal is to develop the whole child, focusing on their physical, intellectual, creative, emotional, and social growth. With this in mind, we incorporate current research to provide the most complete and inclusive program possible. As such, we do not believe any one method to be an all-encompassing solution to early childhood education.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE...
- OPENED IN 2010 – We have an established, successful, tried-and-true program that works.
- CHALLENGING ACADEMIC PROGRAM – Our curriculum is supplemented with several highly developed programs, ensuring we meet the learning styles of each student. These include: Zoophonics, Handwriting without Tears, Hooked on Phonics, Core Knowledge, and Utah’s Early Childhood Core Standards.
- MORE CLASS TIME – Most preschools designate the first 15 minutes as arrival time and the last 15 minutes as departure time; having students sit in a waiting area until the teacher takes them to class or their parents pick them up. This process wastes 30 minutes of learning time each day. Our program is structured so your child is immersed in a rich learning environment arrival until picked up. We take every opportunity and use every minute to develop the children in our care.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES – We keep all classes capped at a 12:1 student/teacher ratio, with an extra teacher on-site to assist as needed. This allows for students to work individually with teachers, as well as in large and small groups. Teachers are also able to adjust activities for students who need more challenge or extra assistance.
- QUALIFIED TEACHERS – The highest educational standards are expected from all our faculty members. We consider ourselves to be lifelong learners and continually seek additional certification programs, teacher-training schools, conferences and other learning opportunities.
- PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT – We consider the partnership between parent and teacher a priority. We value that connection in our program so that parents can have an active, ongoing role in their child’s education. We keep parents informed through weekly newsletters, monthly newsletters, student evaluations, and periodic parent teacher conferences. Together we can help your child achieve their full potential.
- WEEKLY COMMUNICATION – On Fridays, we send out a “Weekly Updates” email that includes specific information about our weekly topic focus, themes, books we will read, and other helpful tools for parents to stay involved at home. We also send a monthly newsletter and calendar that is available for quick reference on the “Parent Tools” page of our website.
- ORIENTATION – First-of-year orientation serves to better get to know teachers and procedures. Students will be introduced to teachers and become familiar with school while parents stay close by in the next room. This helps to prepare children for a successful first day of school!
- HANDS-ON SCIENCE – Weekly hands-on experiments make science exciting. Science is a favorite topic at preschool because it fosters inquisitive minds and encourages children to discover and better understand the hows and whys of the world around them.
- EMPHASIS ON LITERACY – We understand the importance of developing a strong foundation of language and literacy skills at an early age. This sets them up for future success. We encourage our preschoolers to develop at-home reading habits and continue language development through our weekly word-of-the-week and vocabulary words, by participating in Scholastic Book Program, and through our at-home reading logs and reading treasure chest.
- SHOW-AND-TELL – Weekly show-and-tell involves the letter of the week. We take every opportunity in our curriculum to relate everything to the letter we are studying.
- FIELD TRIPS – Three field trips per year for all classes.
- SPOTLIGHT – Students are spotlighted during their birthday month. For those born in summer month, their spotlight will occur during their half birthday month.
- EVALUATIONS – We give assessments to track progress three times a year (mid, end).
- STUDIO 56 DANCE EVENTS – Preschoolers are invited to be involved in all studio events, including dance performances at Halloween, Christmas and the year-end recital in June.
- CLASS PARTIES – We have three in-class parties available for parents to attend: Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines.
- GRADUATION – Our graduation program will make your preschooler feel important, successful, and excited about their future.
FRIDAYS ALSO INCLUDE:
- LENDING LIBRARY – We have a lending library for our Friday students. The goal is to help spark excitement for reading and get them into good study habits at home.
- READING GROUP – Students meet with our literacy specialist in small groups based on their level. Within these groups they focus on reading skills according to what they are working on and what they have mastered. We structure topics and curriculum on what is expected in kindergarten.
- HANDS ON – We get hands-on with our enrichment program called "Fun Friday". Which includes, cooking, science, sports and more!